You are NOT on the Rockland County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Rockland County.
To record the first page of a document, the fee is $45. Each additional page is $5.
$0.50 per cross-reference.
A TP-584 is $6.
The fee for RP-5217 is $125 for residential and farm property. All other property is $225.
Transfer tax is $4 per $1,000.
* Instruments must be written in the English language.
* The date of execution must be shown on a deed.
* Typing is preferred. Use black ink and a legible font. Submit documents on 8.5 x 11 inch white paper with a type size of at least 10 point.
* On the first page, the addresses for all parties to the conveyance should be listed.
* The document must be signed and notarized and have the notary's expiration date. The acknowledgment must be complete.
* The document must have a "record and return to" address.
* A property description/schedule A is needed. The property description must also cite the county, town, and village (if any).
A re-recorded document must state the reason for re-recording. The actual recorded document, including the yellow cover sheet, must be attached.
Re-recorded documents must be re-signed and re-notarized.
Transfer Tax Affidavit (TP-584)
A Transfer Tax Affidavit (TP-584) must be filed for each conveyance of real property from a grantor/transferor to grantee/transferee. This form should be filed with the county clerk no later than the fifteenth day after the delivery of the instrument affecting the conveyance. This form can be obtained from the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance website.
In Schedule C of the TP-584, the amount of consideration must be filled in (even if it is zero) and the transfer tax computed at $4 per $1,000.
The TP-584 must have at least one signature on the back.
If the form is signed by a Power of Attorney, a copy of the POA must be attached.
Real Property Transfer Report 5217
The RP-5217 Real Property Transfer Report is used to document information associated with all real property transfers within New York State, except for New York City transfers. An original RP-5217 form must accompany all deeds and correction deeds upon filing. A filing fee will apply to this form. The RP-5217 cannot be submitted online. Original forms are available at the county recorder's office or can be ordered online. For online ordering information, visit the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance website.
The buyer's and seller's signatures, not an attorney's signature, are required, but if the property is taken by tax foreclosure, involuntary proceeding, or eminent domain, it can be filed with only one signature.
Include a self-addressed stamped envelope with all documents mailed in.