You are NOT on the Mahoning County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Mahoning County Recorder's Office is the official land records office for all real estate located in Mahoning County. Our records contain fascinating historic facts and details.
The fee to record and index a deed, mortgage, affidavit, agreement, annexation, easement, certificate of transfer, land contract, lease, mechanic's lien, partnership, trust document, or power of attorney is $28 for the first two pages. Each page thereafter is $8.
If a document does not meet the requirements, it can be recorded for an additional $20.
A certified copy is $2 per page.
If you have questions about recording fees or auditor's fees due upon recording, contact the Mahoning County Recorder at 330-740-2345.
Mahoning County Tax Map Department
Limited Hours: Documents may be dropped off at the Tax Map Office on TUESDAY and THURSDAY ONLY, between the hours of 9:00 and 11:00 am and 1:00 and 3:00 pm.
Documents may be picked up at the AUDITORS Office on Wednesday and Friday ONLY anytime.
* Submit documents on white 8.5 x 11 inch paper or 8.5 x 14 inch paper. Documents should be originals or certified copies of originals.
* Use a font size of at least 10 point and black or blue ink. The document should not make use of any highlighting. Font used should be Times New Roman, Helvetica, or Palatino.
* On the top of the first page, provide a 3 inch margin. This space is reserved for the recorder, auditor, and engineer. On the top of each remaining page, a 1.5 inch margin is required. Side and bottom margins should be at least 1 inch.
* If signatures in the document are considered to be illegible, the name should be printed or typed beneath it. The grantor must sign the document and acknowledge it before a clerk of court or another person authorized to take acknowledgments.
* The name of the person who prepared the document should be listed, which can be done in the following format: "This instrument was prepared by NAME."
* The conveyance document presented to the recorder should bear the stamp of the county auditor stating that the document has been examined and that the grantor is in compliance with 319.202 of the Ohio Revised Code.
* Documents of conveyance should state the marital status of the grantor.
* The total consideration paid is required to be included on real property documents.
* The grantee's address (for tax mailing purposes) needs to be included with transfers of title.
* A legal description of the real property is required, as well as any prior recorded information.
* A recorded grant should include a reference by volume and page to the record of the deed or other recorded instrument under which the grantor claims title, but the omission of the reference will not affect the validity.
Until a document is recorded, it is fraudulent insofar as it relates to a subsequent bona fide purchaser of the same real estate having, at the time of purchase, no knowledge of the existence of the former deed.