My Account Real Estate Deeds

Clinton County, Pennsylvania

Recorder Offices

Clinton County Recorder of Deeds

230 East Water St, Lock Haven, Pennsylvania 17745

8:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday

Phone: (570) 893-4010

Register of Deeds

You are NOT on the Clinton County official website, you are on, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.

Pennsylvania - Clinton County Recorder Information

In Clinton County, Pennsylvania, the Recorder of Deeds office is where all land transfers are filed. The recorder of deeds is also responsible for recording and maintaining real property records for the county. These records include deeds, easements, and other instruments used in the conveyance of property. Recording requirements must be met and fees must be paid before recording can take place.

Recording Fees

The fee to to record a four page deed with four names is $78.00, plus UPI requirement (for all deeds and real estate transfers - additional $15.00 per parcel
Each page after the first four is $2, each name after four $0.50.

If filing a deed on which transfer tax is due, submit one check of 1% of the selling price for the state portion of the tax and an additional check of 1% for the local/school taxes. Colebrook and East Keating are the only municipalities that do not collect taxes. Therefore, the additional check for the properties in these townships would be 1/2%.

Contact the Clinton County Register and Recorder at (570)893-4010 if you have questions about recording fees or transfer taxes due upon recording.

Document Formatting Requirements

1. A deed must be acknowledged before the Recorder of Deeds can consider it. An acknowledgment must include the county and state. The name of the person acknowledging should be given exactly the same as it appears in the document. Other necessary elements are a notary signature, notary stamp, and the notary expiration date. The acknowledgment date should be on or after the execution date of the document.

2. The maximum size page accepted is 8.5 x 14 inches and the minimum is 8.5 x 11 inches. Margins should be a minimum of 1-inch and should be free from all markings.

3. A complete legal description of the real property must be present on the document submitted for recording.

4. In order for a recorded document to provide constructive notice under the Pennsylvania recording laws, it must have a Uniform Parcel Identifier number. For assistance with this, fax the deed to the Assessor's Office at 570-893-4272, and they will determine the required number of stamps and the UPI fee.

5. A Certificate of Residence, with the grantee's name and mailing address should be attached to the deed.

6. A deed should state the true consideration of the property or should be accompanied by an original Affidavit of Value. If claiming an exemption from taxation, the deed must be accompanied by an original and fully completed Affidavit of Value.

7. If multiple documents constituting one transaction are submitted, the order of recording must be clearly indicated. The party submitting the documents is responsible for any re-recording expenses resulting from an improper order of recording.

8. Any corrective documents must include a reference to the document being corrected, as well as the reason for correction. A corrective deed must also include a Statement of Value and a recorded copy of the document being corrected.

9. A re-recorded document must be acknowledged again, and must also include the reason for re-recording.

10. When submitting a deed that pertains to property in more than one municipality, the percentage of local transfer tax for each municipality must be stated.

Statement of Value:

A Statement of Value is necessary whenever (1) the full consideration is not set forth in the deed, (2) when the deed is without consideration or is by gift, or (3) a tax exemption is claimed. A Statement of Value is not required if the transfer is wholly exempt from tax based on familial relationship or public utility easement.
If the transfer is between family members, the relationship must be stated on the deed.

The Statement of Value must be completed in its entirety and submitted in duplicate with a reason for the exemption and the amount of exemption.

A Statement of Value must also be submitted for easements and rights-of-ways.