You are NOT on the Aiken County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Register of Mesne Conveyance records mortgages, deeds, plats of property, and other property related documents for the county. The office does not perform title searches, advise or make legal recommendations, or prepare or provide forms.
Deed: $15 + deed tax (see below)
Agreement, Amendment, some Assignments, Contract, Declaration, Dissolution, Easement, Lease, Mortgage, Restrictive Covenant, UCC Document, Waiver: $25
Affidavit, Article, some Assignments, Mechanics Lien, Release: $10
Unless the document is exempt, both state and county taxes are due upon recording. State documentary stamps are $1.30 per $500, and county documentary stamps are $0.55 per $500, rounding up the per $500 to the nearest whole number. Consult the deed stamps table under supplemental forms for specific amounts.
Contact the Aiken County Registrar of Deeds directly if you would like more information on recording fees.
* The execution of the deed or other instrument must be first proved by the affidavit of a subscribing witness to the instrument, taken before an officer in the state competent to administer an oath.
* A deed must be signed by the grantor, mortgagor, vendor, or lessor, and the signing must be acknowledged before two witnesses.
* All deeds conveying an interest in land and all mortgages of real estate must include a derivation clause in the property description.
* The grantee or mortgagee's mailing address must be included in the deed.
* When the grantor's or mortgagor's title was acquired by deed, the derivation clause must include the name of the grantor and the recording date of that deed. However, when the deed of derivation has been simultaneously executed and delivered and has not yet been recorded it is sufficient to set forth in the deed or mortgage the name of the grantor of the deed of derivation and its date and that it is to be recorded. When the grantor's or mortgagor's title was obtained by inheritance, the derivation clause must include the name of the person from whom the title was acquired, the approximate date of acquisition.
* A return address must be listed on the deed.