You are NOT on the Brazoria County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Brazoria County.
To record the first page of a document, the fee is $26.
Each additional page is $4.
Each additional name to be indexed, in excess of five names, is $0.25.
If names are not legibly typed or printed beneath signatures, double the filing fee will be charged.
The mailing address of each grantee named in the instrument must appear on the instrument, or an additional fee of $25 will be charged.
Fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees, contact the County Clerk directly.
* An instrument concerning property cannot be recorded unless it is signed and acknowledged or sworn to by the grantor in the presence of two or more credible subscribing witnesses. Signatures must be original and names should be printed or typed beneath signatures.
* Instruments should be in the English language. If they are not, they should be recorded with a correct English translation. The accuracy of the translation shall be sworn to before an officer authorized to administer oaths.
* An instrument transferring an interest in real property to or from an individual must include a notice that appears on the top of the first page in 12-point boldfaced type or 12-point uppercase letters reading substantially as follows: NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY RIGHTS: IF YOU ARE A NATURAL PERSON, YOU MAY REMOVE OR STRIKE ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FROM ANY INSTRUMENT THAT TRANSFERS AN INTEREST IN REAL PROPERTY BEFORE IT IS FILED FOR RECORD IN THE PUBLIC RECORDS: YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE NUMBER.
* Submit documents on white paper that is no larger than 8.5 x 14 inches and no smaller than 8.5 x 11 inches. Paper needs to be of a sufficient weight and substance so that printing, typing, or handwriting will not bleed through.
* Use a font size of at least 8 point. Printing or typing must be clearly legible.
* Provide a 3-inch top margin on the first page in the top right hand corner for the file number.
* Texas Property Code requires that a grantee's address be in or attached to any document conveying real property. If the address of each grantee is not included, the payment of a penalty filing fee equal to the greater of (1) twice the statutory filing fee for the filing of such document with the county clerk or (2) $25 will be required. This fee is in addition to the filing fees. If the grantee's address is included in an attachment, this must be signed by the grantor or grantee.
* A clearly identifying heading, similar to the heading on most printed forms, must be placed at the top of the first page to identify the type of paper. If this requirement is not met, double the filing fee will be due.
* Riders and attachments must comply with the size requirements. Only one rider or attachment may be included in or attached to a page.