Recorder Offices in Los Angeles County

Los Angeles County Recorder
11701 South La Cienega Boulevard, Los Angeles, California
Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m
Phone: (310) 727-6500
Los Angeles County Recorder 11701 South La Cienega Boulevard, Los Angeles, California,

Los Angeles County Recorder
7807 Compton Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90001-2613
Phone: (323) 586-6192‎
Los Angeles County Recorder 7807 Compton Avenue, Los Angeles, California, 90001-2613

Los Angeles County Notary
811 Wilshire Boulevard , Los Angeles, California
Phone: (877) 366-8279
Los Angeles County Notary 811 Wilshire Boulevard , Los Angeles, California,

Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk Headquarters
12400 East Imperial Highway, Norwalk, California 90650
Mon- Friday from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Phone: (562) 462-2125
Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk Headquarters 12400 East Imperial Highway, Norwalk, California, 90650

Los Angeles County Recorder of Deeds
Los Angeles County Recorder Information
The recorder in Los Angeles County is responsible for recording and maintaining records related to real property situated in the County.
Recording Fees
Include the recording fees, payment can be made by cash, personal check, cashier's check or money order. Make checks payable to: LA County Registrar-Recorder/ County Clerk . Mail to: P.O. Box 1250, Norwalk, CA 90651-1250

Base Fee - Government Code 27361(a): $10.00
First page - Governement Code 27361.4(a): $1.00
Government Code 27361.4(b): $1.00
Government Code 27361.4(c): $1.00

Each additional page: $3.00

Effective December 2, 2013, the following documents will be charged a $7 fraud notification fee to support the Real Estate Fraud Prosecution Trust Fund:
Quitclaim Deed
Deed of Trust
Notice of Default
Notice of Sale

In addition, pursuant to Government Code Section 27297.6, the Assessor’s Identification Number or numbers that fully contain all or a portion of the real property is required on the documents mentioned above.

This new fee is being implemented pursuant to Senate Bill 62, which was passed by the California Legislature and added to Government Code Section 27387.1.

Social Security Number Truncation Program (Assembly Bill 1168 Section 627): $1.00

Electronic Recording Fee (Government Code 27397 (c) Subsection 1.): $1.00

Per Revenue and Taxation Code 480.3 (b) if a document evidencing a change in ownership is presented to the recorder for recordation without the concurrent filing of preliminary change of ownership report, the recorder may charge an additional recording fee of twenty dollars ($20.00)

Call the recorder's office at 1 (800) 815-2666 with questions.
Document Formatting Requirements
Each document presented for recording MUST include or comply with the following general requirements. Documents may be presented for recording in person, by mail or by a courier service. The following are helpful items to remember when recording:

The property must be located in Los Angeles County . (CC1169)

The document must be authorized or required by law to be recorded. (GC 27201)

Signatures must be original unless the document is a certified copy issued by the appropriate custodian of the public record. (GC 27201b, GC 27279, Evid Code 1530)

The legibility of a document is important to the quality of the permanent record.

Include the name of the party requesting the recording and a name and address where the document can be returned. . (GC 27361.6)

The document must be properly acknowledged, unless exempt. California requires an (all-purpose acknowledgement).( GC 27201 , 27289 , 27285 , 27287 , 27288 , CC 1189)

The Assessor’s Parcel Number is required on deeds, trust deeds and mortgages by local Ordinance.

The notary seal must be legible for a microfilm reproduction .(GC 8207)

When recording documents affecting a change in the ownership of real property, include a completed Preliminary Change of Ownership Report. These forms can be obtained from the County Assessor 's Office as well as the County Clerk-Recorder's Office.

Standard page size is 8-1/2" by 11"; other page sizes incur additional recording fees. As for spacing requirements, the first page of the document must reserve a minimum of 2-1/2" down from the top of the page, of which the left 3-1/2" across is used by the party requesting recording to enter name and address to which the document is to be returned following recording. The remainder of this space is reserved for use by the Registrar-Recorder to enter the official recording information. With regard to the vertical sides of the page, a minimum of 1/2" must be left blank on each side of the document. If the first page of a document does not comply with these legal requirements, attach a separate page to the front of the document which meets these spacing criteria and which includes the title or titles of the document.

Documents must be clearly legible in order to produce a readable photographic record. This pertains to the document text, notary seals, certificates and other attachments, such as legal descriptions. (Gov. 27361.7)
We may be able to e-record your deed documents in Los Angeles County, Click Here for more information.
Los Angeles County Real Estate Deed Forms

Quit Claim Deed Form
Warranty Deed Form
Special Warranty Deed Form
Grant Deed Form
Interspousal Transfer Grant Deed Form
Grant Deed for Life Estate Form
Easement Deed Form
Affidavit Death of Joint Tenant Form
Short Form Deed of Trust Form
Long Form Deed of Trust Form
Short Form Deed of Trust with Assignments of Rents Form
Substitution of Trustee and Full Reconveyance Form
Deed of Full Reconveyance Form
Disclaimer of Interest Form
Correction Deed Form
Supplemental Documents

Preliminary Change of Ownership Form
Parent to Child Exclusion
Grandparent to Grandchild Exclusion
Change in Ownership Statement Death of Real Property Owner
Transfer Tax Exemptions
Tranfer Tax Rates

October 1, 2013
Many home owners are receiving official-looking letters as though they are from the County or a mortgage lender urging them to request an "official" copy of their Grant Deed in order to prevent foreclosure, prove that they own their home, and to be in compliance. The catch: you have to pay as much as $200 for the copies.


• You can obtain a copy of your Grant Deed directly from the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk. No third party assistance is needed.

• The County Registrar-Recorder mails the original Grant Deed document to the homeowner after it is recorded. Therefore, you should already have your original Grant Deed.

• If you have the original Grant Deed in your possession there is no need to purchase a copy. The original is a legally binding document that can be used for your business transactions.

The following are common reasons why you would need a copy of your Grant Deed:
- Lost or misplaced the original recorded Grant Deed;
- Selling or Refinancing the property
- If you need a legal description of your property

The fee for a certified copy of a document is $6 for the first page and $3 for each
additional page per document.

If you believe or suspect that fraudulent activity has occurred on your property:

• Call the Los Angeles County Department of Consumer Affairs at: (800) 973-3370. You can listen to recorded information on a variety of real estate topics 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Counseling staff is also available to answer your questions during normal business hours.

• Write the Los Angeles County Department of Consumer Affairs at:
Los Angeles County Department of Consumer Affairs
Real Estate Fraud and Information Program
500 West Temple Street, Room B-96, Los Angeles, California 90012-2706

• Visit the Los Angeles County Department of Consumer Affairs online at


 Visit, (click the Recorder Operations tab, then the Real Estate Records tab), or

 Make your request via Fax at (562) 864-1250, or

 Call or visit any of the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk offices below:

12400 Imperial Highway
Room 2207
Norwalk, CA 90650
Phone: (562) 462- 2133

11701 South La Cienega Blvd,
6th Floor
Los Ángeles, CA 90045
(310) 727-6142

14340 West Sylvan Street
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818) 376-3777


In-person request can be made by cash, check, money order or one of the following debit/credit cards: MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card.

Web or FAX request can be made by using one of the following credit cards: MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover Card.

Mail request can be made by check or money order payable to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk.

NOTICE: You are NOT on the Los Angeles County official website, you are on, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.