The recorder's office is responsible for maintaining real property documents in Santa Cruz County.
You are NOT on the Santa Cruz County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
All Documents (except plats and surveys): $30.00
Plats and Surveys (first page): $24.00
Each additional page: $20.00
Government Agency Rates:
All Documents (except plats and surveys): $15.00
Plats and Surveys (first page): $14.00
Each additional page: $10.00
PLEASE NOTE -- A.R.S. 11-475 now requires:
A person recording a deed of trust or mortgage constructed for at least one family but not more than four families shall include "RESIDENTIAL 1-4" in the caption heading on the first page of each document. Failure to comply with this subsection does not affect the validity of the document or the validity of the recording of the document.
* Each document must have a caption or title that briefly explains the nature of the document. (For example: warranty deed, mortgage, deed of trust, etc.)
* Each document must be an original or a certified copy of an original.
* Documents should have original signatures or carbon copies of original signatures.
* If a document is modifying a previously recorded document, the new document must state the recording date, and docket or page or sequence number of the document being modified.
* Every deed of conveyance of real property must be signed by the grantor and must be duly acknowledged.
* The grantee's name and address should be given on the deed, unless exempt.
* If a document is evidencing a transfer of real property, it must be accompanied by an affidavit of property value form. This form is available on the Arizona Department of Revenue webpage.
* If claiming an exemption, the exemption code must be listed on the face of the deed. Exemption codes can be found on the back of the affidavit of property value form. Some common exemptions are transfers of title between husband and wife with only nominal consideration, other familial transfers with only nominal consideration, and a deed of gift. For a complete list of exemptions, read Arizona RS 11-134.
* The affidavit of property value form must be signed by both the buyer and the seller. This form needs to be acknowledged.
MARGIN REQUIREMENTS AND FORMATTING
* Documents should be on white paper, size 8.5 x 11 inches or 8.5 x 14 inches. Black ink should be used, with a font size of 10 point.
* The first page should have a top margin of 2 inches. This is reserved for recording and return address information. In the top 3.5 inches of the document, on the left side, the name of the person who requested the recording can be given, along with the name and address to which the document should be returned.
* Subsequent margins should be at least .5 of an inch on the top, sides, and bottom.