You are NOT on the Hempstead County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Circuit Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining land records in Hempstead County.
Documentary stamps are available at the Arkansas state revenue office and must be placed on the document and must also be legible. Documentary stamps are $3.30 per $1000 as pertains to the purchase price of the property.
To record a document in the land records, the fee is $15 for the first page. Each additional page is $5.
A mortgage assignment, release, or other instrument with multiple names is $15 for the first page, $5 for each additional page, and $15 per additional instrument listed. This fee is not to exceed $300.
A non-compliance fee of $25 will apply to documents that do not meet the requirements. This is in addition to regular fees.
Call the circuit clerk's office at (870) 777-2384 with questions.
* The acknowledgment of deeds and instruments of writing for the conveyance of real estate, or whereby such real estate is to be affected in law or equity, shall be by the grantor appearing in person before a court or officer having the authority by law to take the acknowledgment and stating that he or she had executed the deed or instrument for the consideration and purposes therein mentioned and set forth.
* Submit documents on 8.5 x 11 inch white paper.
* Include a 2.5 inch margin at the top of the first page and at the bottom of the last page. All other margins should be at least .5 of an an inch. The right side of the 2.5 inch top margin is reserved for the recording information.
* After the top margin, provide the title of the document and the names of the grantors and grantees.
* Documents must be legible in order to be recorded. In order to meet legibility requirements, black ink, Times New Roman font, and a font size of at least 10 point should be used.
* The grantor must sign the document and must have his/her signature acknowledged in accordance with Arkansas revised statutes.
* On the first page, provide the name and address of the person and governmental agency, if any, who prepared the document. The name should be printed, typewritten, stamped, or signed in a legible manner. This information can be given in the following form: "This instrument was prepared by (name and address)."
* A deed must have certification signed by the grantor (or grantor's agent) that the correct amount of revenue stamps have been affixed to the face of the document or a statement that none are required. If a monetary exchange was involved, the revenue stamps must be purchased from the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration and affixed to the face of the deed.