The County Clerk and Recorder is responsible for maintaining property records in Ogle County.
You are NOT on the Ogle County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
STANDARD DOCUMENT $70.00
-8" x 11" separate sheets -- if exhibit drawings or plats are attached - no larger than 11" x 17"
-Document legibly printed in black ink, by hand, type, or computer - signatures and dates may be in
contrasting colors if they will reproduce clearly
-Clear inch margin around the edges of all pages - margins may be used for non-essential notations
that will not affect the validity of the document, including but not limited to form numbers, page
numbers, and customer notations
-3" x 5" blank space in upper right corner of first page
-A page may not have anything affixed to it with tape, glue, etc., however, pages may be stapled
RHSP EXEMPT STANDARD DOCUMENT $60.00
-The $10.00 Rental Housing Support Program surcharge does not apply to public utility easements and other documents recorded by Federal, State or local government agencies.
NON-STANDARD DOCUMENT $108.80
-Any document failing to meet the requirements listed under STANDARD DOCUMENT. Examples
of a "non-standard document" are...
-A document that includes legal-size (8" x 14) pages unless those pages are exhibit drawings or
-A document that creates a division of an existing Property Identification Number (PIN)
-A document with six or more Property Identification Number (PIN) references
-A document with six or more related document number references
No document shall have an attachment stapled or otherwise affixed to any page.
Self-addressed, stamped envelope required with all documents to be returned.
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. We recommend to contact the local recorder's office to verify this information.
- Submit your real property documents on 8.5x11 inch white paper, not permanently bound and not in a continuous form.
- All documents should be legibly typed, printed by hand, or computer-generated in black ink. Signatures and dates may be in contrasting colors so long as they can be clearly reproduced.
- The first page of a document should include a blank 3x5 inch space in the upper right corner. All other margins should be a minimum of 1/2 an inch. Margins (except for the 3x5 inch blank space) may be used for nonessential information such as page numbers or customer notations.
- No document shall have any attachments stapled or otherwise affixed to a page.
- Beneath all signatures, the corresponding names should be printed, typed, or handwritten.
- The name and address to where future tax statements should be sent needs to be endorsed on the deed.
- A legal description that incorporates metes and bounds shall contain the section, township, and range with an identifiable point of beginning.
- A seller of residential real property shall complete all applicable items in the disclosure document described in Section 35 of the Property title of the Illinois Statues. The seller shall deliver to the prospective buyer the written disclosure statement required by this Act before the signing of a written agreement by the seller and prospective buyer that would, subject to the satisfaction of any negotiated contingencies, require the prospective buyer to accept a transfer of the residential real property.
Include the name and address of the person who prepared the deed.
- A PTAX-203 Illinois Real Estate Transfer Declaration form needs to be submitted with a document of conveyance. This form can be found on the Ogle County Clerk website.
- A Property Index Number must be included in the deed. This is not sufficient as a legal description.
The recording act in Illinois is a race-notice act.