You are NOT on the Saint Landry Parish official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The recorder in Saint Landry Parish is responsible for recording and maintaining records related to real property situated in the Parish.
1 to 5 pages $105
6 to 25 pages $205
26 to 50 pages $305
51 or more pages $305 for the first 50 pages + $5 per additional page
This includes up to 10 names indexed, a certified copy, and the SB No. 1274 -- ACT 661 Fee.
Index Fee after the 10th name $5 per Name
Paper size larger than 8.5" x 14" $20 per page
Debtor Fee (No SS # or Tax ID) $25 per debtor
Cancellation/Partial Release (single cancellation) $55
Cancellation/Partial Release (multiple cancellations) Based on per page fee above
Affidavit of Identity
Judgment or lien prior to 07/01/12-$23 (+ $6 for each additional page + $3 per additional name)
Judgment or lien after 07/01/12 $0
1 page + oversize charge $125
This includes up to 10 names indexed.
$5 per name after the 10th name
Mortgage Certificate/Lien Certificate (10 year search)
1 name and 1 tract or project $20
Each additional name $10
Each additional tract $20
Copies -- $1 per page
Conformed Copy $5 + copy fee
Certified Copy $10 + copy fee
Postage Actual Amount
NOTE: If the instrument must be recorded in both conveyance and mortgage record, then the recording fee will be twice the amount less $5.00 LCRAA fee)
Non-standard documents: $10.00 in addition to recording fees for documents that are not in compliance with the recording standards (La.R.S. 13:844(D)).
Recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local office directly.
The transfer of real property in Louisiana follows the general requirement of an authentic act. An authentic act is a writing executed before a notary public or other officer authorized to perform that function, in the presence of two witnesses, and signed by each party who executed it, by each witness, and by each notary public before whom it was executed.
* Documents should be submitted on 8.5 x 11 inch white paper or 8.5 x 14 inch white paper. The font should be black and no smaller than 8 point.
* Original copies only are accepted. These are not returned to the submitter.
* In order to avoid the non-compliance fee, use a margin of two inches at the top of the first page and one inch at the bottom and sides, and identify the document by title right below the top margin (La.R.S.13:844(D)).
* Any party to an act conveying real property located in Louisiana outside the city limits of New Orleans may obtain a certificate showing whether the state, parish, municipal, and levee district taxes due thereon, except for the year in which the conveyance takes place, have been paid.
* The seller of residential real property shall complete a property disclosure document in a form prescribed by the Louisiana Real Estate Commission or a form that contains at least the minimum required by that commission.
* Documents must include a legal property description and must state the total consideration paid for the property.