You are NOT on the Alamance County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Register of Deeds is responsible for recording and maintaining records for real property located in Alamance County.
To record a deed, the fee is $26 for a 1-15 page document. Each additional page after 15 is $4.
A deed of trust is $64 for the first 35 pages. Each additional page after 35 is $4.
Multiple documents are $10, plus regular recording fee.
Cash or money orders only are acceptable forms of payment.
Documents may be charged a non-compliant fee of $25, which is in addition to the regular recording fees. However, if the document is smaller than 9 point font but is still legible, the register of deeds may record it without charging the non-compliant document fee.
* Documents should be on 8.5 x 11 inch white paper or 8.5 x 14 inch white paper.
* Black ink should be used with a font size no smaller than 9 point. Blanks in an instrument may be completed in pen and corrections may also be made in pen.
* The top of the first page should have a 3 inch margin. All other margins on the first page and all margins on subsequent pages should be at least 1/2 an inch.
* At the top of the first page, below the 3 inch margin, state the title of the instrument (i.e. warranty deed, quit claim deed, etc.)
* Text should be on one side of the page only.
* A person who presents an instrument for registration must report to the Register of Deeds the amount of tax due. It is the duty of the person presenting the instrument for registration to report the correct amount of tax due. Before the instrument may be recorded, the Register of Deeds must collect the tax due and mark the instrument to indicate that the tax has been paid and the amount of the tax paid.