Home > Recorder Information > North Dakota > Divide County  

Recorder Office Locations

Divide County Recorder
Divide County Courthouse 300 North Main St., PO Box 68, Crosby, North Dakota 58730
8:30 to 5:00 M-F
Phone: (701) 965-6831
Divide County Recorder   Divide County Courthouse 300 North Main St., PO Box 68,  Crosby, North Dakota,  58730 is providing this information as a courtesy to our visitors. You are NOT on the Divide County official website, you are on, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
Divide County North Dakota Register of Deeds

Divide County Recorder Information

The recorder in Divide County is responsible for recording and maintaining records related to real property situated in the County.

Recording Fees

The fee to record a real estate deed is $10 for the first page and $3 for each additional page of the instrument. A page refers to a single side of a sheet of paper, not exceeding 8.5 x 14 inches.

For all documents that list more than five sections of land, there will be a $1 fee for each additional section listed that is to be recorded in the tract index.

Instruments that satisfy, release, assign, subordinate, continue, amend, or extend more than one instrument previously recorded in the county in which recording is requested will be $10 for the first page and $3 for each additional page, plus $3 for each such additional document number or book and page.

An instrument that does not conform to margin requirements will be recorded upon payment of an additional $10.

The fee to make certified copies of a recorded instrument or a filed non-central indexing instrument is $5 for the first page and $2 for each additional page.

If you have questions about fees or taxes due upon recording, contact the Divide County recorder at (701) 965-6661.
Document Formatting Requirements
North Dakota has a race-notice recording statute. Under this statute, a later buyer who pays fair value, does not have any notice of any earlier conflicting interests, and records first, wins and will have priority over later recordings.

Quit claim deeds, warranty deeds, and other instruments pertaining to real property located in Divide County, North Dakota can be recorded with the Office of the County Recorder.


• A document consists of individual pages sized 8.5 x 14 or 8.5 x 11 inches and should contain single sided printing only. Documents submitted for recording must be original or certified copies.

• The printed, written, or typed words must be considered legible by the County Recorder before it is accepted for recording. Black ink, a standard font, and a font size of at least 12 point will help to ensure legibility.

• A space measuring at least 4 x 3.5 inches square must be provided at the top of the first page of an instrument submitted for recording. If recording information can only be placed on the reverse side, an additional page will be added. This will result in extra fees.

• Provide a margin of at least 1-inch on the top, bottom, or side margin of each page.

• All persons named in the document are the signatories and should also be named in the acknowledgment. All signatures in the document must be original and handwritten. The notary's seal must be surrounded by a border. If it is not, there must be an embossed seal on the document.

• An adequate legal description of the real property must be included in the document. The following should appear after a metes and bounds legal description: “This legal description was prepared by (name and address),” or a statement that reads “The legal description was obtained from a previously recorded document.”

• Each grantee named in the deed must have an address listed on the instrument.

• A recorder will refuse any deed or other instrument that changes the current property description unless there is a certificate from the county auditor showing that a transfer of the lands described in the instrument has been entered and that the delinquent and current taxes and special assessments have been paid or that the instrument is entitled to record without regard to taxes.


A statement of full consideration should be filed with the state board of equalization or with the recorder when a document is presented for recording. A grantee (or grantee’s agent) who presents a deed in the county recorder’s office shall certify one of the following on the face of the deed:

a. A statement that the grantee has filed a report of the full consideration paid for the property conveyed with the state board of equalization or with the county recorder.

b. A statement of the full consideration paid for the property conveyed.

c. A statement designating one of the exemptions which the grantee believes applies to the transaction.

Exempt transactions are listed in the North Dakota Code Chapter 11-18-02-2.
Divide County Forum Topics
No active topics for Divide, County right now. Have a question or comment? Start a discussion.
We may be able to e-record your deed documents in Divide County, Click Here for more information.
Supplemental Documents

North Dakota Consideration Statement