You are NOT on the Adams County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The county recorder of deeds in Adams County, Pennsylvania is responsible for recording and maintaining the real property records for the county.
The fee to record a deed or mortgage is $75.00
The fee to record an easement is $63.50
Each page over 4 is $4, and each name over 4 is $1.
The certification fee of a document is $2.00
The county recorder also collects realty transfer and local transfer taxes and distributes the funds to state, municipalities, and school districts.
A state tax of 1% of the consideration and a local tax of the same amount is due upon recording. If the property is located in two or more taxing authorities, the person recording the deed should indicate on the deed the value of the property in each taxing authority for local realty transfer tax purposes.
Cash or checks are accepted. Checks should be made payable to the Adams County Recorder of Deeds. Overpayments of $4 or less over the recording amount will be accepted and cashiered as overpayment and show that way on the receipt.
Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope so that documents can be returned after recording.
The Adams County Recorder of Deeds requires 3 checks (2 for the transfer tax and 1 for the recording fee) for a deed transfer with realty transfer tax.
Contact the Adams County Recorder of Deeds at 717-337-9826 if you have questions about recording fees or other issues dealing with recording.
* Documents can be submitted on 8.5 x 11 inch white paper or 8.5 x 14 inch white paper.
* Printing should be in black ink only, with a font size no smaller than 10 point.
* The Adams County Recorder of Deeds does not have any margin requirements for documents submitted for recording.
* All signatures should have the corresponding name printed beneath them. The grantor and grantee need to be clearly identified.
* Documents require a Certificate of Residence to be submitted. This should, at minimum, give the address of each involved party. A Certificate of Residence should be referenced and signed on deeds, mortgages, and assignments of mortgage.
* A notary stamp or seal should be imprinted on all documents submitted for recording.
* The name and address of the preparer of the document is not required.
* The Adams County Recorder of Deeds does not require a parcel identification number or the physical address of the property on documents submitted for recording.
* A Realty Transfer Tax Statement of Value form is required, unless the transfer is exempt from tax, such as in the case of familial transfers.
* A legal description of the property is required, which includes metes and bounds, for subordination agreements.
* When the property is located in two or more counties (or two or more taxing authorities), the person recording the deed needs to indicate the value of the property in each taxing authority.