Recorder Offices in Colbert County

Colbert County Probate Office, Records Department Colbert County Courthouse
201 N. Main Street, Tuscumbia, Alabama 35674
8:30 to 4:30 M-F
Phone: (256) 386-8546
Colbert County Probate Office, Records Department Colbert County Courthouse   201 N. Main Street, Tuscumbia, Alabama, 35674

Colbert County Recorder of Deeds
Colbert County Recorder Information
The recorder in Colbert County is responsible for recording and maintaining records related to real property situated in the County.
Recording Fees
The first page of all documents is $8, and each additional page is $3.

An easement will be $0.50 to record, as well as $8 for the first page and $3 for each additional page.

If more than two grantors and grantees are indexed, there will be $1 charged for each additional name.

Call the Colbert County probate office at (256)386-8546.
Document Formatting Requirements
• Documents must include a preparer’s statement, which can be in the following form: ‘This instrument prepared by………………………………………….(name and address).’

• The grantee(s) name and address must be included in the document.

• Certified copies or originals are accepted.

• All instruments of conveyance must be in writing, attested by two witnesses, and signed by the contracting party or his agent. If he is unable to sign his name, it may be written for him with the words ‘his mark’ written next to the name.

• Any instrument attempting to transfer any interest in land will not be recorded if the instrument describes the land by reference to a plat but does not have the plat attached to the instrument or if the instrument does not describe the plat book or office in which it is located. There must also be a legal description of the land by metes and bounds.

• Documents of conveyance should list the marital status of the grantor.
We may be able to e-record your deed documents in Colbert County, Click Here for more information.
Colbert County Real Estate Deed Forms

Quit Claim Deed Form
Warranty Deed Form
Special Warranty Deed Form
Grant Deed Form
Easement Deed Form
Affidavit of Surviving Joint Tenant Form
Correction Deed Form
Supplemental Documents

Non-Resident Withholding Forms
No current information available for Colbert County
NOTICE: You are NOT on the Colbert County official website, you are on, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.