You are NOT on the Clay County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Recording Department of the Circuit Court Clerk's Office is responsible for recording and maintaining real property in Clay County.
First page: $10.00
Each additional page: $8.50
For indexing instruments recorded in the official records which contain more than four names, per additional name: $1.00
DOCUMENTARY STAMP TAX:
On real estate conveyance, per $100.00 consideration: $0.70 (Formula: .0070 x Total Purchase Price = Amount of Doc Stamps)
On obligations to pay money, per $100.00 indebtedness: $0.35 (Formula: .0035 x Amount Financed = Amount of Doc Stamps)
Intangible tax on promissory notes, written obligations to pay money (mortgages, etc.): $0.002 x total
The documentary tax stamp is due on total consideration (including cash, any unpaid balance on existing or new mortgages, plus anything having a monetary value).
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local clerk's office directly.
* Paper should be no larger than 8.5 x 14 inches.
* Document needs to reproduce legibly, and thus should be in black ink with a minimum of 10 point font.
* A 3 x 3 inch space at the top of the right hand corner of the first page should be left blank for recording information. On the top of each subsequent page, a 1 x 3 space should be provided for the recorder.
* Names should be written, stamped, or typed beneath all signatures within the document. Include the address for the person who executed the instrument and for the preparer of the instrument.
* The name and address of grantee(s) must be included in document of conveyance.
* All deeds presented for recording need to be acknowledged by a notary.
* All documents of conveyance in Florida must be signed in the presence of two witnesses.
* Include the Property Appraiser's Parcel ID number on the first page of a document. This is not to be used instead of a property description.
* A legal description of the property needs to be provided.
* In the first paragraph, include the county, state, and municipality.
The form for warranty deeds of conveyance to land shall include a blank space for the property appraiser's parcel identification number describing the property conveyed, which number, if available, shall be entered on the deed before it is presented for recording, and blank spaces for the social security numbers of the grantees named in the deed, if available, which numbers may be entered on the deed before it is presented for recording. Such parcel identification number shall not constitute a part of the legal description of the property otherwise set forth in the deed and shall not be used as a substitute for the legal description of the property being conveyed, nor shall a social security number serve as a designation of the grantee named in the deed.