You are NOT on the Nye County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The recorder is responsible for maintaining records related to real property situated in Nye County.
$25.00 Base Recording fee for any standard document
1.00 Fund to assist persons formerly in Foster Care
3.00 Legal services for the indigent
1.00 Compensation of Investigators appointed by District Courts
5.00 Technology fund for County Recorder
$35.00 Total Recording fee.
For copying any record $1.00 per page
Certification $4.00 per document
Any document that transfers an interest in real property is subject to transfer tax. The transfer tax rate is $1.95 per $500 of valuation.
They accept cash, debit & credit cards,cashier's check, personal check or money order payable to Nye County.
Credit Card Fees:
$0.00 to $50.00-$2.00
$50.01 to $100.00-$3.00
$100.01 to $200.00-$6.00
Add $3.00 per each additional $100.00 or portion thereof.
* be on white 20 pound paper that is at least 8.5 x 11 inches, but no larger than 8.5 x 14 inches.
* have a margin of 1 inch on the left and right sides and at the bottom of each page.
* have a space of 3 x 3 inches in the upper right corner of the first page and a 1-inch margin at the top of each subsequent page.
* not contain text smaller than 10 point Times New Roman or be any color other than black.
* not be on sheets of paper that are bound together at the top, side, or bottom.
* not contain printed material on more than one side of each page.
* not have any documents or other materials physically attached to the paper.
* not contain colored markings to highlight text or other parts of the document.
* contain the grantor's signature. The grantor's signature must be notarized.
* contain the names of all parties to be indexed .
* contain a document title. This should not extend into the 3 x 3 inch blank square.
* An assessor's parcel number should be at the top of the first page on the
left hand side. This can be obtained from the assessor's office. A legal description of the real property is also needed. This can be obtained from the assessor's office as well.
* The grantee's name and address must appear on the deed. If there is no grantee, include the name and address of the person requesting the recording.
* The deed must show the name and address of the person to whom the statement of the taxes on the real property should be sent.
* Corresponding names should be printed or typed beneath all signatures, except for the notary.
* A declaration of value form should be completed, signed by a party to the document, and submitted with each document that will transfer property. If the person submitting the document is not the grantor or grantee, the declaration of value form must have the company/person requesting recording section completed. The form must be filled out, even if the transfer is exempt. Thorough instructions on the declaration of value form can be found on the Nye County Recorder's website.
* Submitters are required to pay Real Property Transfer Tax or provide a reason for the exemption.
* If the required information is not on the first page or if formatting requirements are not met, a cover page may be required.
* If a document includes a legal description of real property in metes and bounds, the document must include the name and mailing address of the person who prepared the legal description. The County Recorder is not required to verify the accuracy of this information. If the document has been previously recorded, it must include all information necessary to identify and locate the previous recording.
* Before accepting a document, the recorder shall require the person requesting the recording to sign a statement that the person has been advised of the requirements. This statement is recorded with the document.
* The name and address of the person to whom the document should be sent after recording should be on the face of the document.