You are NOT on the Wake County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The register of deeds is responsible for recording and maintaining records related to real property in Wake County.
Deeds and all other documents: $26.00 for the first 15 pages, $4.00 for each additional page
Deeds of Trust: $64.00 for up to 35 pages, and $4.00 for each additional page
Additional (multi-instrument): $10.00
Non-standard documents: $25.00 in addition to recording fees for documents that
are not in compliance with the recording standards.
Effective 10/01/15, an instrument that contains excessive recording data costs $2.00 for each party listed in the instrument in excess of 20.
In addition, excise tax must be included with the filing fee for a deed. Excise stamps are $1 on each $500 or fraction thereof of the consideration or value of the interest or property conveyed, exclusive of the value of any lien or encumbrance remaining on the property at the time of sale.
Fees for Oath of Notary: $10.00
Certified Documents (excludes vitals): $5.00 first page, $2.00 each additional page
* Instrument type should be stated on the top of the first page
* Paper size needs to be 8.5 x 11 or 8.5 x 14, printed on one side only
* Include a blank margin of 3 inches at top of first page
* Blank margin of 1/4 inch on the remaining sides of first page and all sides
of subsequent pages
* Typed or printed in black ink with a font size no smaller than 10 point
* Blanks in an instrument may be completed in pen, and corrections to an instrument may also be made in pen