Real Estate Deeds Account
Sign In

Fayette County, Pennsylvania

Recorder Offices

Recorder of Deeds - County Courthouse

61 East Main St, Uniontown, Pennsylvania 15401

8:00am - 12:00 & 1:00 - 4:00pm

Phone: 724-430-1238

Register of Deeds

You are NOT on the Fayette County official website, you are on, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.

Pennsylvania - Fayette County Recorder Information

The Recorder of Deeds in Fayette County, Pennsylvania is responsible for recording real estate instruments for the county. These records include deeds, easements, and other instruments used in the conveyance of property. Recording requirements must be met and fees must be paid before recording can take place.

Recording Fees

To record a deed or mortgage, the fee is $82.25
Easement $57.25
This price is for a four-page document with four names and one parcel number. Each additional page after the first four is $2 and each additional name is 50 cents. Each parcel after the first one is 50 cents.

An additional $20 UPI fee is due for each Parcel Identification Number (PIN) on a document. For further information contact the Assessment Office at 724-430-1350.

Recording fees and realty transfer fees can all be included in one check. All checks should be made payable to DAVID G MALOSKY, RECORDER OF DEEDS.

The realty transfer tax is 1% for the state and 1% for local.

Copies are 50 cents a page. Certified copies are an additional $3.

Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of all documents.

Contact the Fayette County Recorder of Deeds at 724-430-1238 if you have questions about recording fees or transfer taxes.

Document Formatting Requirements

1. A deed must be acknowledged before the Recorder of Deeds can consider it. An acknowledgment must include the county and state. The name of the person acknowledging should be given exactly the same as it appears in the document. Other necessary elements are a notary signature, notary stamp, and the notary expiration date. The acknowledgment date should be on or after the execution date of the document.

2. The maximum size page accepted is 8.5 x 14 inches and the minimum is 8.5 x 11 inches. Margins should be a minimum of 1-inch and should be free from all markings.

3. A complete legal description of the real property must be present.

4. The Uniform Parcel Identifier number that has been assigned to the parcel must be stated on the document. For assistance with this, contact the County Mapping Department. In order for a recorded document to provide constructive notice under the Pennsylvania recording laws, it must have a Uniform Parcel Identifier number.

5. A Certificate of Residence, with the grantee's name and mailing address should be attached to the deed.

6. A deed should state the true consideration of the property or should be accompanied by an original Affidavit of Value. If claiming an exemption from taxation, the deed must be accompanied by an original and fully completed Affidavit of Value.

7. If multiple documents constituting one transaction are submitted, the order of recording must be clearly indicated. The party submitting the documents is responsible for any re-recording expenses resulting from an improper order of recording.

8. Any corrective documents must include a reference to the document being corrected, as well as the reason for correction. A corrective deed must also include a Statement of Value and a recorded copy of the document being corrected.

9. A re-recorded document must be acknowledged again, and must also include the reason for re-recording.

10. When submitting a deed that pertains to property in more than one municipality, the percentage of local transfer tax for each municipality must be stated.

Statement of Value:

A Statement of Value is necessary whenever (1) the full consideration is not set forth in the deed, (2) when the deed is without consideration or is by gift, or (3) a tax exemption is claimed. A Statement of Value is not required if the transfer is wholly exempt from tax based on familial relationship or public utility easement.
If the transfer is between family members, the relationship must be stated on the deed.

The Statement of Value must be completed in its entirety and submitted in duplicate with a reason for the exemption and the amount of exemption.

A Statement of Value must also be submitted for easements and rights-of-ways. Real Estate Deeds

Nothing on this website should be considered a substitute for the advice of an attorney.

© DEEDS.COM INC. 1997 - 2022 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | (330) 606-0119 | P.O. Box 5264, Fairlawn, OH 44334