You are NOT on the Mercer County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Recorder's Office in Mercer County, Pennsylvania records real estate deeds, mortgages, and other instruments pertaining to real property located in Mercer County.
To record a deed, mortgage, or easement, the fee is $70.25. The basic recording fee includes 4 pages, 4 names, and 1 parcel. Each additional page is $2. Each additional name and parcel is $0.50 each.
To record an assignment, release, extension, postponement, satisfaction, or marital release of a mortgage, the fee is $58.75.
The Statement of Value is not included in the four page base fee. An additional $2 should be added to the recording fees. The Statement of Value should be submitted in duplicate (one original and one copy). The duplicate copy is not charged.
The realty transfer tax rate for all taxable documents located in the City of Hermitage will be increased to 3% (2% local and 1% state) per City of Hermitage Ordinance # 7-2015 adopted 12-16-2015
The realty transfer tax is 1% of the consideration for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and 1% of the consideration for the county. Sheakleyville does not have a local tax. Farrell is 2%.
Stamped self-addressed envelopes must be included for the return of documents.
A certified copy is $1.50, plus copy fees of 50 cents a page.
Contact the Mercer County Recorder of Deeds at (724) 662-3800 if you have questions or need more information about recording fees or transfer taxes.
* All papers presented for recording must be originals, properly executed, signed, dated, and acknowledged before a notary public. The maximum size paper accepted is 8.5 x 14 inches, and the minimum size is 8.5 x 11 inches. Use white, standard weight copy paper.
* The entire document must meet legibility requirements in order to be recorded. After the document has been imaged, the copy must be readable without magnification.
* Foreign documents must be accompanied by an English language translation.
* The names given throughout the document need to be consistent. Original signatures in dark blue or black ink are required. Corresponding names should be printed or typed beneath signatures.
* The text of the document should be in black ink, with a font size of at least 10 point.
* Provide a 2-inch top margin at the top right corner of each page for recording information. All other margins should be at least 1 inch.
* The acknowledgment date should not predate the execution date. Seals or stamps should not cover any printed material or signatures.
* On the first page of the document, provide a legal description of the real property and the address related to the real property. The legal description needs to include the property's municipality, county, and state.
* The UPI number related to the property should be at the top of the first page on the left side. The UPI number must be certified before the document can be recorded. This number is not considered part of the legal description.
* Multiple documents constituting one transaction must clearly indicate the order of recording.
* A signed Certificate of Residence must be completed and signed on deeds, mortgages, agreements, and assignments.
* Mercer County land records are not indexed by book and page; rather, file numbers are used. When referencing a previously recorded document, provide the year of recording followed by the file number (for example: 2010-1444).
STATEMENT OF VALUE
This statement is required when the full consideration or value is not listed in the deed, if the deed is without consideration or by gift, or if a tax exemption is claimed. A Statement of Value is not required if the transfer is wholly exempt from tax based on a familial relationship or a public utility easement.
The Statement of Value should be submitted to the Recorder in duplicate. If more space is needed on the form, additional sheets can be attached.