You are NOT on the Northumberland County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Recorder of Deeds is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Northumberland County.
To record a deed or mortgage, the fee is $85.25
Deed of Easement-$65.50
ALL PRICES LISTED ABOVE -- 4 Pages or less, 4 names or less & 1 tract
$2.00 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL PAGE
$0.50 EACH ADDITIONAL NAME
$0.50 EACH ADDITIONAL TRACT except on mortgages
$2.00 MARGINAL NOTATION
The Statement of Value, which should be submitted in duplicate, is $2. Only one copy is charged.
Separate checks are required for taxable deeds (1%, 1%, and recording fee).
A self-addressed stamped envelope is required for documents that are to be returned by mail. If correct recording fees are not included, the document will be rejected.
If you need more information about recording fees or realty transfer taxes, contact the Northumberland County Recorder of Deeds at 570-988-4143.
* Original documents should be submitted for recording.
* Acknowledgements must include the county, state, date, person(s) or corporate officer's name(s), and the title of person(s) appearing, notary signature, seal, and expiration date.
* The acknowledgement cannot predate the execution date of the document.
* For all deeds and mortgages, indicate the county and municipality where the property is located. This should be part of the legal description.
* A certified grantee or mortgage address must be given on all deeds, mortgages, and assignments. All certifications should be signed.
* A parcel identification number must appear on all real property documents.
* Any numerical amounts must match written amounts on deeds and mortgages.
* For documents that make reference to previously recorded documents, the book and page number of the previous documents must be given on the deed.
* Any re-recording of documents must be re-acknowledged.
* For multiple documents that are serving as one transaction, the order of recording must be clearly indicated on each document.
STATEMENT OF VALUE
The Department of Revenue requires that a Statement of Value form be fully completed in order for the deed to be recorded. Unless an exemption is clearly stated in the deed, (such as in family transfers), transfer taxes or a Statement of Value should accompany all transfers.
If an exemption is claimed, this must be clearly stated on the face of the deed.
If a deed has transfer tax in more than one municipality, it must stipulate the division of transfer taxes.
MARGINS AND FORMATTING
Deeds should have a 3-inch margin at the top of the first page. The left-hand side of this should contain a 'Prepared by' statement that lists the name and address of the preparer, as well as return address information and phone number. All other sides should have a 1 inch margin. Margins on subsequent pages should be one inch.
Font size should be at least 10 point and should be in black ink.
All pages, including attachments, should be numbered sequentially.
Printing should be on one side only. Paper size should be 8.5 x 11 inches.