You are NOT on the Mcminn County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Register of Deeds is responsible for recording and maintaining records for real property located in Mcminn County.
The fee to record a deed is $5 per page, with a minimum of $10 due for a 1-2 page deed. A computer fund fee of $2 also applies, as does a register's fee of $1 on all taxable instruments.
Realty transfer tax rate: $3.70 per $1000 of value or consideration. This is collected on all conveyance documents, unless an exemption is claimed.
Contact the county's Register of Deeds directly for more information on recording fees and payment methods.
* Documents can be submitted on 8.5 x 11 inch white paper or 8.5 x 14 inch white paper. Submit originals or certified copies of originals.
* The first page of the document shall have a top margin of 3 inches, a bottom margin of 3 inches, and 1 inch side margins. All other margins can be 1 inch.
* Deeds must contain a recital designating the deed, will, court decree, or other source from which the grantor received the equitable interest. If the source of equitable interest is a deed or other previously recorded instrument, the new document shall give the type of instrument, office, book, and page number. If no
such instrument has been recorded, this shall be stated on the deed.
* Include the name and address of the property owner, as well as the name and address of the person or entity responsible for the payment of real property taxes.
* Provide the name and address of the grantee.
* The name and address of the preparer of the instrument should be on the first page.
* At the end of the legal description of the property, include the name, license number, and address of the surveyor who prepared the boundary survey from which the description was prepared.
* Include the tax assessor's parcel number of the property.
* An Oath of Consideration must also be filled out. This form needs to be signed.