Nebraska Affidavit of Death

Nebraska Affidavit of Death Image
Select County Where the Property is Located

Confirming a Transfer of Nebraska Real Estate after Death of principle.

Under Nebraska Revised Statutes section 76-214, deeds and other instruments transferring title submitted for recording must be accompanied by a statement containing details about the transfer. Form 521, found on the websites for most counties or at meets most of these requirements.

Transfers resulting from a property owner's death, such as those under transfer on death deeds or joint tenancies, may require additional information (76-214(1), (2)). In those situations, including a cover sheet that contains the extra details assists the recording office and reduces the chance of delays in processing.

Each case is unique, so please contact an attorney with specific questions or for complex situations.

(Nebraska AOD Package includes form, guidelines, and completed example)

Back to Nebraska