You are NOT on the Riverside County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Clerk-Recorder is responsible for maintaining records for real property located in Riverside County.
Basic Recording Fees
First page: $15.00
Each additional page: $3.00
Each additional title: $15.00
Release of lien by a government agency for each recording reference: $13.00
Additional Recording Fees
Each page if ANY page is not 8-1/2" x 11": $3.00
Each page containing small print: $1.00
Each group of 10 names or fractional portion after first 10: $1.00
Involuntary lien notification for each debtor address against whom an involuntary lien is recorded: $5.00
For each additional recording reference which requires additional indexing: $1.00
Real Estate Fraud Prosecution Trust Fund: $3.00
Survey Monument Preservation Fund - due on deeds of transfer (besides quitclaim, easement and deed of trust) that do NOT describe a complete lot created by a recorded tract map: $10.00
Missing Preliminary Change of Ownership Report: $20.00
Documentary Transfer Tax
Due on all taxable conveyances in excess of $100 at a rate of $.55 per $500 or fractional portion of real property value, excluding any liens or encumbrances already of record.
Property located within the city of Riverside is taxable at a rate of $1.10 per $500 or fractional portion of real property value, excluding any liens or encumbrances already of record (R&T Code 11911).
Transfer tax is collected at the time of recording. A Documentary Transfer Tax Declaration must be completed for all conveyances. If no Documentary Transfer Tax is due, so indicate by entering "0" on the tax line.
To mail in your documents for recording with a check, cashiers check or money order made payable to:
Riverside County Recorder
P.O. Box 751
Riverside, CA 92502-0751
Your request is processed upon receipt. Please allow 6-8 weeks to receive your original recorded document back in the mail.
Copy and Search Fees
Customer Copy Label, at the time of recordation only: $1.00
Conformed Map Copy, at time of recordation only: $14.00
Official Records - Regular copy (request made at the time of recording)
First page: $3.00
Each additional page: $1.00
Regular copy (request not made at time of recording)
First page: $7.00
Each additional page: $1.00
System Page Copy: $1.00
Certification of complete regular copy: $1.00
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local recorder directly.
- The property must be located in Riverside County. (CC 1169)
- The document must be authorized or required by law to be recorded. (GC 29201)
- The document must be submitted with the proper fees and taxes. (GC 6103, 27201, 27261)
- The document must be in compliance with state and local laws.
- The document should name the person requesting recording. (GC 27361.6)
- The document should state the name and address to whom the document should be returned. Fill in "Recording Requested By and Mail To". (GC 27361.6)
- The entire document, including the notary seal, must be legible enough to produce a readable photographic record. (GC 27201, 27361.6, 27361.7, GC 8207)
- Signatures must be original unless the document is a certified copy issued by the appropriate custodian of the public record. (GC 27201b)
- The document must be properly acknowledged, unless exempt. (California requires an all-purpose acknowledgment). (GC 27201, 27289, 27285, 27287, 27288, CC 1189)
- The Assessor's Parcel Number and Tax Rate Area are required on all conveyances by local Ordinance (R&T Code 11911.1)