You are NOT on the El Paso County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Office of the Clerk and Recorder is responsible for maintaining land records for real property located in El Paso County.
$13 for the first page of all recorded documents
$5.00 for each additional page ($10.00 for each additional page on documents larger than legal size)
Documentary fee: $.05 per $500 dollars of applicable sales consideration
Checks should be made payable to the 'El Paso County Clerk.' Cash and checks are acceptable forms of payment. Recording fees are statutorily established. El Paso County may reject documents for incorrect fees.
* Documents submitted for recording must have a top margin of at least 1 inch. Bottom and side margins should be at least .5 of inch.
* Documents submitted must be on legal size (8.5 x 14) paper or smaller, but should be no smaller than 8.5 x 11.
* Bad originals produce poor public records. Documents that are illegible to begin with will be marked with a Clerk's note and recorded as received.
* Consideration amounts must be correctly marked on both the deed and transfer declaration. Any exemption from payment of the documentary fee must be specifically claimed on the face of the document or the fee will be due.
* Deeds must contain a valid grantee address. This address is used to determine where tax statements should be mailed after a property is sold. Submitters should verify the accuracy and completeness of such address before recording a deed.
* All documents must have a top margin of at least one inch and a left, right and bottom margin of at least .5 of inch. The recorder may refuse to file any document that does not meet these standards. Maps and Plats also have specific legal requirements for size, ink, paper and margins.
* Notary seals must be darkened or "inked." Submitters should ensure all embossed seals are visible before recordation.
Any conveyance document presented for recording shall be accompanied by the Colorado Real Property Transfer Declaration (TD-1000).
Documents for recording should be mailed to:
El Paso County Clerk & Recorder
Attn: Recording P.O. Box 2007
Colorado Springs, CO 80901-2007