You are NOT on the Douglas County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Clerk of Superior Court is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Douglas County.
The transfer tax form must be prepared and filed with all deeds that transfer property. The correct map and parcel number must be provided on the PT-61 form. To prepare a PT-61 form, visit the Georgia Superior Court Clerks' Cooperative Authority website.
Transfer tax is determined on the basis of the basis of the written disclosure of the consideration or value of the interest in property granted.
Filing all instruments pertaining to real estate including deeds, deeds of trust, affidavits, releases, notices and certificates, and cancellation of deeds:
First page: $10.00
Each additional page: $2.00
Each cross-reference: $2.00
The Clerk of Superior Court shall not be required to refund excess sums tendered to the clerk as payment of costs or fees enumerated in this Code section (15-6-77) when such payment exceeds the amount required by this Code section by less than $15.00.
A deed may be recorded at any time; but a prior unrecorded deed loses its priority over a subsequent recorded deed from the same vendor when the purchaser takes such deed without notice of the existence of the prior deed.
* Submit documents on white 8.5 x 11 inch paper. To ensure legibility, use black ink in a font size of at least 10 point.
* Deeds must be signed by the grantor in front of a notary and one witness. Corresponding names should be typed or printed beneath signatures.
* On the first page, provide a top margin of at least 3 inches. All other margins on the first page and on subsequent pages should be at least 1 inch.
* At the top of the first page, provide the name and address of the person to whom the document will be returned after recording.
* Also on the first page, the name and address of the grantee needs to be given.
* A legal description of the real property should be provided. This should include the lot, block, and subdivision name.