You are NOT on the Chaves County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The County Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining records related to real property situated in Chaves County.
To record a document with 10 or fewer index entries, the fee is $25. Each additional block of 10 or fewer entries is $25.
An in-person interested party with fewer than 10 index entries is $10. An in-person interested party with 10 or more index entries is $25.
Each notary after 2 notaries in a document is $0.50.
Every name indexed in a document counts as one entry for indexing.
Each legal description lot, tract, or block will be indexed separately. Each quarter-section will be indexed separately.
* Documents must be originals and must be notarized with a proper acknowledgment.
* Chaves County does not have margin requirements, but if a document is larger than 8.5 x 14 inches, an additional page fee will be added.
* Paper should be white, size 8.5 x 11 inches or 8.5 x 14 inches.
* The text of the document should be in black ink, with a minimum font size of 10 point.
* It must contain a legal description of the real property or in the case of releases and assignments, a book and page reference.
* The consideration paid for the real property must be mentioned in the document.
* A name and address for the grantee must be included in the body of the document.
If a document is being mailed, please provide a self-addressed stamped envelope.