You are NOT on the Bullock County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Probate Office is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Bullock County.
All deeds, mortgages, affidavits, and miscellaneous documents: $5 per page
Transaction fee: $7.00
The deed transfer tax is $.50 per $500.
Please call the local probate office to confirm these fees/taxes and double-check your total amount due.
* Originals or certified copies are accepted for recording.
* All documents of conveyance must be in writing, attested by two witnesses, and signed by the contracting party or his agent. If he is unable to sign his name, it may be written for him with the words 'his mark' adjacent to the name.
* The name and preparer of the document should be listed on the first page, prefaced by the following statement: 'This document prepared by NAME and ADDRESS.'
* Any instrument attempting to transfer any interest in land will not be recorded if the instrument describes the land by reference to a plat but does not have the plat attached to the instrument or if the instrument does not describe the plat book or office in which it is located. There must also be a legal description of the land by metes and bounds.
* The marital status of the grantor must be listed on the deed.
The Real Estate Sales Validation Form must be filed in accordance with Code of Alabama 1975, Section 40-22-1.