You are NOT on the Calhoun County official website, you are on Deeds.com, a private website that is not affiliated with any government agency.
The Clerk of Court is responsible for recording and maintaining real property records in Calhoun County.
First page: $10.00
Each additional page: $8.50
For indexing instruments recorded in the official records which contain more than four names, per additional name: $1.00
DOCUMENTARY STAMP TAX:
On real estate conveyance, per $100.00 consideration: $0.70 (Formula: .0070 x Total Purchase Price = Amount of Doc Stamps)
On obligations to pay money, per $100.00 indebtedness: $0.35 (Formula: .0035 x Amount Financed = Amount of Doc Stamps)
Intangible tax on promissory notes, written obligations to pay money (mortgages, etc.): $0.002 x total
The documentary tax stamp is due on total consideration (including cash, any unpaid balance on existing or new mortgages, plus anything having a monetary value).
County recording fees are subject to change without notice. For the most current fees and further information, contact the local clerk's office directly.
* Real estate is conveyed in writing, signed in the presence of two subscribing witnesses by the party granting the estate or interest.
* Use white paper and a legible black print in a font size of at least 12 point.
* No acknowledgment or proof will be taken by an officer unless the officer knows or has satisfactory proof that the person making the acknowledgment is the individual described in, and the one who executed, the instrument, or that the person offering to make proof is one of the subscribing witnesses to such instrument.
* The name of each person who executed the instrument, witnesses to the instrument, and the notary public, should be printed, typewritten, or stamped beneath the signature.
* The grantor and grantee should be identified by name and address.
* Provide the name and address of the person who prepared the instrument. This can be in the top left corner of the first page.
* At the top right corner of the first page, provide a 3 x 3 inch blank space and a 1 x 3 inch blank space in the top right corner of each succeeding page of the same instrument. All other margins should be at least 1 inch.
* The form for warranty deeds should include a blank space for the property appraiser's parcel identification number describing the property conveyed. The number, if it is available, should be entered on the deed before it is presented for recording. The parcel identification number is not sufficient as a legal description.
* Provide a legal description of the real property.
* On the first page, provide the name and address of the person to whom the instrument should be returned after recording.