Kansas Transfer on Death Affidavit Forms | Deeds.com
My Account Deeds.com Real Estate Deeds

Kansas Transfer on Death Affidavit

Using a Kansas Affidavit of Death to Complete a Transfer on Death

In Kansas, the county assessor's office initiates the transfer of real property rights under a transfer on death deed. There are several steps to take, however, before that can happen.

When the property owner dies, an individual with personal knowledge of the intended transfer, whether the named beneficiary or someone else, makes the sworn statements contained within an affidavit of death. The affidavit, along with an official copy of the deceased owner's death certificate, is filed for record with the register of deeds for the county where the land is located.

The register of deeds then forwards the details to the county assessor's office, where they match the information on the affidavit with the deed records. After the assessor's office verifies the details, they begin the process to transfer the previous owner's rights to the beneficiary.

Deeds.com Kansas Transfer on Death Affidavit Forms Have Been Updated as Recently as Wednesday January 9, 2019

4.6 out of 5 (169 Reviews)

What others like you are saying:

Bobby W. said: The site delivered just what it promised - I needed a specific deed formatted for a specific county/state, and they delivered it at a great price. One note for improvement - it is not intuitively obvious that I could go back and re-download if necessary and this caused me stress, but a follow up email alleviated this. Great service!

Reply from Staff

Thank you for the kind words Bobby, have a great day!

Connie E. said: Great service! Easy to download and view. Florida should have the Revocable Transfer on Death (TOD)deed, that many other States have. That's the one I really wanted. This one will do in the meantime.

Reply from Staff

We appreciate your business and value your feedback. Thank you. Have a wonderful day!

Erika H. said: The service was fast and efficient. So glad I stumbled upon this website!

Reply from Staff

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Have a great day!

Select County where the property is located.

Kansas Transfer on Death Affidavit Form